Recipe: Garlic, Ginger & Lime Cauliflower Rice
My cauliflower rice recipe is one of my favourite alternatives to rice or pasta. It’s also paleo, extremely healthy and will suit whatever your nutrition goal is. The best part is this is super easy to make and only requires a little bit of preparation time. Plus you get a whole heap to use over the week afterwards, Enjoy
Recipe: Garlic, Ginger & Lime Cauliflower Rice – Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 Large Cauliflower (approx. 1kg+) grated into rice like pieces.
- 5-7g of Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated.
- ¼ Fresh Lime, and its rind.
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste (approx. 1 tsp)
- Heat the oil in a large pot or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Stir to combine. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add grated cauliflower to pot and stir in well. Add Salt, Ginger, Lime juice and its grated rind. Once again stir it all in very well. Keep on low to medium heat whist stirring for approx. 10mins.
- Its now all ready to serve. Chop up the remaining lime ½ into 6 pieces and squeeze into each serve just before eating.
Nutrition Breakdown (Approx Per Serve)
- Serving Size: 180g
- Carbs: 8.4g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Fat: 0.8g